Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This is my Japan


Sometimes going forward in life takes us back to our past. I've been revisiting how my studies of the Japanese culture, art and language are influencing my life today, here in Taos, NM.

I realized long ago that NewMexico (Taos) is my Japan, with its adobe mud houses and rural feeling. Japan in my own backyard! I know my love for red began with a pot of red camphor paint that I would dip my chop into and stamp my sumi-e paintings. I know also that the wonderful luminosity of the mounted paintings on mulberry paper have led me to experience another "luminosity" with encaustics.
Come and celebrate life and joy at "the taos gallery",
July 3, 5 - 7, 103 Paseo del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM 87571, 575-758-3911. http://www.thetaosgallery/

No comments:

Contributors

The Art Newspaper - RSS